Our Undergraduate Advanced Experimental Biology (UAEB) programme provides an exciting taste of hands-on research.
It is a unique opportunity to experience what research encompasses and advance your skill-sets in specific areas of biology. The typical 1-week intensive, small class workshops, held during vacation breaks are very much sought after by students.
3 Academic Units (AUs) are awarded for each course
20 Students per class for effective professor-student engagement
9 UAEB across disciplines
3 Reasons why students can't wait to sign up for UAEB!
- Applied Immunology
- Methods in Histology
- DNA engineering for fluorescent in-situ hybridsation (FISH)
- Protein behaviour in health and disease - biophysics tools
- Effect on anti-mitotic drugs on cancer cells
- Science of aging and life extension in C. elegans
- Handling stress and resilience
- Get first hand experience of what it is like to work as a resesarcher and hone lab skills for future career.
- Take existing interests to new depths by engaging with the very latest advances - often beyond what is covered in the course.
- Develop new ideas and skills that you can draw from assisted research projects as well as for future study.