1. Registration for SBS Student (BS & BMS)
Students are strongly encouraged to register under the same tutorial group for all SBS modules in the same semester (e.g. T1 for BS2001, BS2002, BS2003 & BS2004). This is to avoid any confusion in the submission of lab assignments
2. Semester overload
All SBS students are allowed to overload 3AUs per semester. E.g. normal load for BS Year 1 Sem 1 is 15AUs so BS Year 1 students are allowed to register for a total of 18AUs.To register for more than 18AUs,students are to write to Associate Chair (Academic) at email@example.com for approval.
3. Registration of Final-Year-Project (FYP) and Industrial Internship Programme (IIP)
Please note that registration of FYP and IIP will be done by the School (Undergraduate office). Please do a check on your FYP/IIP registration 1-2 weeks after the add/drop period and contact the School if it is not registered then.
- Students are required to complete all other necessary AUs for the award of Degree (students in the FINAL SEMESTER of their specific programmes registered may pursue FYP concurrently with other modules on a case-by-case basis, school’s approval is required).
- Students are not allowed to go for exchange programme in the semester prior to their final semester.
4. Changes in Time-table
Please do not refer to STARS as all changes in the time-table schedule will be reflected in the SBS website once the semester starts.
5. Repeat Students / Courses that are removed
- For students who are repeating courses (except self-paced course), you are not required to attend the lessons of that course and 100% weightage will be based on Examinations (unless otherwise stated).
- For students who are repeating self-paced course i.e. BS211S, you are required to attempt the Continual Assessments (CA) and Examinations.
- For students who are repeating courses with Medical Certificate status for the missed exam paper, you may write-in to the Associate Chair (Academic) at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval, by Week 2 of the semester if you wish to retain your previous Continual Assessment marks for that repeated course.
For all cases mentioned above. It is allowed, if you wish to re-take ALL the Continual Assessment components of the course. If you attempt the CA, your final grade will be calculated based on Continual Assessment and Examinations.
For students who cannot register for their repeat courses due to time-table clash, please notify the School by emailing the Associate Chair (Academic) at email@example.com prior to your registration.
6. Students who took Medical Leave for a Continual Assessment component
Students are required to submit their Medical Certificate within 7 days from the date of the CA. Students will be awarded ZERO marks if they failed to so.
Students are reminded to contact the course coordinator to find out information on the make-up CA.
Course coordinators are allowed to set the make-up CA in the format they deem suitable.