A Postdoctoral Bioinformatician position is available immediately at the NTU School of Biological Sciences Zhang Li-Feng’s Laboratory. The laboratory is interested in dissecting the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms regulating cell fate changes, while developing novel tools and strategies in deriving differentiated cell types via defined factors reprogramming
Applicants with strong background in Bioinformatics and next-generation sequencing data analysis are invited to apply. Successful candidates must be highly motivated, have passion for research and be able to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Ph.D. from a well-recognized institution with a strong research background in Bioinformatics/Computer science/Biostatistics or equivalent
- Experience in bioinformatics and data analysis for DNA microarray, ChIP-seq and RNA-seq
- Experience with open source bioinformatics tools
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge with biostatistics highly desirable
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast moving interdisciplinary team
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Committed and able to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication, technical writing and presentation skills
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter detailing your research motivations, CV, and the names and email addresses of three references to Zhang Li-Feng (ZHANGLF@ntu.edu.sg). Hired candidate will work closely on a collaborative project with Dr Jonathan Loh (http://www.imcb.a-star.edu.sg/php/jl.php).