- PhD, Swedish University of Agriculture, Sweden
- MSc, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Visiting Professor, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Professor, Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Scientific coordinator and team leader, Structural Genomics Consortium, Stockholm, Sweden
- Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Post doctoral Fellowship, Department of Molecular Biophysics, University of Oxford UK
Pär Nordlund’s research is focused on establishing structural and mechanistic insights into disease related proteins, with a particular emphasis on proteins in cancer, inflammation and infectious disease. His early work focused on ribonucleotide reductase and protein phosphatases, where he has provided extensive mechanistic understanding. In 2009 he established a laboratory at Nanyang Technological University, where a “systems structural biology” approach is being applied for herpes biology, lipid signaling and membrane transport processes. The group has also established a platform for fragment based ligand development in Singapore that allows for the rapid generation of high-quality chemical probes and experimental therapeutics, as well as a platform for high-throughput protein production (Headed by Dr. Tobias Cornvik). Both of these platforms are made available to academic research groups as well as industry.
Pär Nordlund is a member of the Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute and the Chemistry Class at the Swedish Academy of Science, as well as a Reviewing Editor at Science Magazine. He is the funder of the biotech companies Evitra Proteoma AB and Sprint Biosciences AB.