Kudos to our PhD students Jackie Tan, Larry Loo and their team for winning the “Most Original Award” at the 1st Singapore Biotechnology Young Entrepreneurs Scheme Competition.
Our PhD students Jackie Tan and Larry Loo together with three other team members clinched second place in the 1st Singapore Biotechnology Young Entrepreneurs Scheme (Biotechnology YES) Competition.
Organised by YES Organising Group, Singapore’s Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), A*STAR’s commercialisation arm ETPL and global consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble (P&G), the aim of YES is to raise awareness of the commercialisation of ideas amongst postgraduate researchers.
Of the 28 teams that participated, Jackie and Larry’s team – Temasek Therapeutics made it to the top 5 to enter the finals where they clinched “The Most Original Award” and second place for their business idea to use a phone app to measure skin tone and formulate a personalised skincare product to achieve the ideal skin tone that the user wishes to achieve.
The Temasek Therapeutics team members are (left to right):
- Jackie Tan, PhD Student, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University
- Larry Loo, PhD Student, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University
- Delon Toh, Post-doctorate Researcher, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, A*STAR
- Kenny Low, PhD Student, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR
- Cally Owh, M.Eng Student, Institute of Materials Research and Engineering, A*STAR